My primary focus is on the wellbeing of the people that I help whilst continuing to support my clients during these unprecedented times.
I’m open as usual and working with clients on a 1-2-1 basis following current government guidelines and working remotely with clients that are unable to work on a 1-2-1 basis.
COVID-19 is an unprecedented pandemic. Its ramifications are wide-ranging and unfortunately a lot of us will struggle over the next few weeks or months. I think we should not let this get us down and turn this difficult situation into a positive. We can spend some quality time with our immediate family and do the things we never get time to do (exercise, running, walking, cycling, turbo trainer, reading, gardening, watching that series your friend recommended, house DIY etc).
I feel that we should continue to be as active as possible during these testing times not only for our mental health but also for our physical well being.
If your working from home here are a few tips you can do to stay physically and mentally healthy during this period.
- Be safe and sensible, follow the social distancing or self isolation rule.
- Avoid being sedentary. Aim to do 30 minutes of exercise each day. Whether it’s walking/running up and down the stairs or doing an online workout video.
- Get the kids involved with your exercise routine, make it a family fun workout.
- Have set meal times. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Avoid snacking.
- Set a routine and plan of action. Use one room where you’ll do your work from, preferably not a where you eat or relax. Take regular breaks.
- Limit yourself to watching the news once a day. Likewise with social media, you don’t want to be checking it continuously otherwise you’ll feel like Alice in Wonderland going down the rabbit hole.
- Spend time with your kids. Play board games together, cook/bake, watch a film together, read together.
- Form or join a social group online so you can help others and others can help you if needed.
I am here to help your family and you stay active and healthy during these testing times. I can provide bespoke online training plans for you with the kids to do at home using my efficient 20-30minute YouTube workout videos and with live workouts using the Zoom app. (take a look at one of my workout videos on the fitness videos drop down menu)
If you want to find out more then get in touch now before we enter the lockdown phase.