Almond Butter Fudge Cacao Bites
If you’re a chocoholic then this recipe is super healthy with no added sugar. These are addictive and make excellent everyday snacks and pre / post race fuel.
You only need 5 ingredients to make these beauties! The fudge / bites should be stored in the freezer to set first then transferred to the fridge.
- 400g Medjool Dates, pitted
- 7 tablespoons Almond Butter
- 25g Pistachios
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Cacao Powder
- Remove the stones from the Medjool dates and place the dates in a saucepan with a little boiling water. Allow them to cook for 5 mins, until they’re really soft an all stick together.
- If there is any water left in the pan, then drain it and set the dates to one side to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Place the almond butter, coconut oil, pistachios and cacao powder in a food processer and add the dates in before blending for a minute or two, until a sticky paste forms.
- Use two BPA free plastic containers and pour in the mix and then shape the rest with your hands into round balls before putting them into the freezer to set at least 3 hours before serving.
- Store in the freezer. When you want to enjoy a piece, take it out of the freezer and allow it to warm up for a few minutes before eating.
– Try adding replacing pistachios with other nuts or raisins to change the texture and have more of a crunch.