Summer Mackerel and Beetroot Salad
This summer fish dish is fresh and simple to make. I knocked this up in 10-15 mins for my lunch last week. A mountain of vegetables and salad and I struggled to finish it!
- 1 mackerel fillet
- 1 whole beetroot (not packaged, buy loose from supermarket or veg shop)
- 2 carrots
- ¼ of cucumber
- ¼ punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Grill the mackerel on a low heat for 5-10 mins whilst you prepare the vegetables. Check the mackerel every now and then to make sure it’s not burning.
- Wash all the vegetables really well as we don’t know who’s touched them or where they’ve been!
- Peel the beetroot and chop into small cubes.
- Slice avocado in half and remove stone, then slice the avocado flesh. (keep the stone for later).
- Chop the rest of the vegetables up.
- Serve up and enjoy.
– If you make a big batch you can use a BPA free plastic container to save for another meal.