Resident chef expert Justin Rowntree and Silversmiths Restaurant
An incredibly healthy, delicious and simple granola recipe to get you going in the morning or to take with you as a high energy snack on a run or ride.
You’ll never buy granola again!
- Homemade granola recipe
- 2 tbsp virgin rapeseed oil
- 150 ml honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/or one scraped vanilla pod
- 300g rolled oats
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 100g flaked almonds
- 50g broken hazelnuts
- 100g dried fruits (sultanas, raisins, etc)
- 75g natural yoghurt (to serve)
1. Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Tip in all the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit, yoghurt & hazelnuts and mix well.
2. Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then mix in the hazelnuts & dried fruit, bake for a further 10 minutes.
3. Remove and scrape onto a flat tray to cool. Serve with the yoghurt & any seasonal berries you choose, Strawberries, cherries & redcurrants are all coming into season around now.
Silversmiths is a multi award-winning family run restaurant in Sheffield. Independently owned and operated.